Friday, October 5, 2018

I Really Don't Enjoy Working Out

This is by no means meant to rag on myself, but I have heard people say many times because of my athletic build that I must love working out. Ha! Here's my documented answer....
When it comes to working out I enjoy three things, the longevity of improved health, the energy, and the long-term results from a good pump. That's it! Why? Ask yourself, who actually enjoys stressing their body to the point of pain? Who enjoys being so sore two days after training that it sucks to walk and do other functional activities? Who enjoys their arm getting locked up for 30 seconds while trying to take a shower? I sure don't!


What I Do Enjoy Is....

Longevity of Good Health
Research has shown that exercising for at least 30 minutes a day and three times per week can have positive physiological effects on your mood, sleep patterns, and stress. That is the right path for a long physiologically healthy and physically healthy life. Exercising can simply be gardening, walking, jogging, or hitting the gym, dancing, or playing a sport. Stretching can be exercising too like yoga or palates.

Energy
Personally, I like a good morning session. It seems to make my whole day go better because I have energy. My mind is more clear. Think about it. After your workout your body is primed to absorb nutrients from whatever you put in it. If you are like me and work out in the morning, you want to feed your body good energy (food) that fuel its daily functions. So eating oats with fruit is a complete protein combination with enough good carbohydrates that will give you sustained energy for at least three hours. Continue that process through the day, eating healthy foods, and you will feel the energy as you go through your day. Make the workout count and feed our body right.

A Good Pump
There is nothing like giving your muscles a good vein bulging pump. I love it! It may suck getting there but when that shirt starts stretching from the swell of your biceps, you can't tell me it doesn't feel good! When you have the right fuel in your body and it is stored as glucose in your muscles for a hard training session, you will notice. Your pump will be off the charts and you will actually have the muscle energy to keep going.

So there you have it folks. So if anyone states to you how much you must love working out, they must not know what it really takes. Refer them to this blog post. Until then NO PAIN NO GAIN lol!

As always, thank you for your time and for putting your health first. 

Follow me on IG @CM_Fitness_1 and @GhostTrainingGuy
Get your personal fitness plan and more @ www.CMFitnessConsultig.com
Carlos Morgan, MBA, NASM-CPT

No comments: