Sunday, February 1, 2015

"Girl Exercises:" The Key to Stronger Legs

Guys say: I squat over 400 lbs. I load the leg press up with nothing but 45's and get busy! I do the whole stack on leg extensions. My leg curls are sick dude, the whole stack is too easy. Here is something guys don't say too much of.......
I worked on my butt today! Sure you can squat a lot. Your legs should be bigger than your arms. They should also be stronger than your chest, if not, you may look like the guy in the picture shown. Yeah, that's why you've never seen him in shorts in the gym until now.

In all seriousness, there are workouts that I have known in my 12 years of fitness experience for a fact guys just don't do. By including these workouts into your leg routine you will have a stronger squat, more balance, and well-rounded legs overall. Here's the list:

  • ABduction exercises: You know that machine that all immature guys gawk over when a lady sits on it and opens her legs wide.....yeah that one. It targets the lateral glute and IT (iliotibial) bands along the side of your thighs. Including this machine or resistance movement into your routine will strengthen your squat and ladies, it also gives a nice rounded butt. 
  • ADduction exercises: Unlike the abduction machine, you squeeze with this one to target the muscles in your groin area. Again, this will strengthen your thighs making your squat stronger. Ladies, keep doing this to tone those thighs. *NOTE* Hey buff guy, don't try and do the whole stack on this machine unless you want to not walk for a few days. Use extra light weight. You mainly want to focus on the squeeze. You have been warned. 
  • This is a favorite for the guys, the Butt Blast machine lol. This is the ultimate way to focus resistance on a single glute at a time. Again, this leads to a stronger squat.
  • Lastly, Hip Thrusts. This works your core and targets the entire glute muscles with weights or just your body weight. Focus on the squeeze, keep your heels on the ground, and thank me later for a stronger squat. Notice the trend ;)
Don't be like the guy in the shown picture, work your legs and glutes properly. There are only advantages of doing "girl exercises" for your legs in the gym. Now that you know, what will you do? Please leave a comment to tell me the results or just to say thanks. 

As always, thank you for you time and for putting your health first. 


1 comment:

Carlos said...

I do my best to keep it practical. I feel that people looking to get fit should be able to afford it so I give free info and advice. More targeted advice and your very own specified plan can be found at CM Fitness Consulting. Thanks for your support.