Saturday, September 27, 2014

Being Trained Sucks!



If there is one thing I can’t stand more than the lingering stench of a banana and that is being trained by a fitness trainer. I bet you think that is weird coming from a fitness professional right (wait for it). I just don’t see how someone could be pushed so hard to burn and sweat…..


Yes, it takes a certain breed of person to take that kind of torment. Think about it; when you want to stop pushing and rest just for a second, your trainer makes you push out another rep. When you want a break, your trainer says “that was a break” as you were performing body weight squats. It’s a tough and brutal 30 minutes to an hour of no pain, no gain. You first went to a trainer because you had fitness goals to reach. If you had any idea you were going to hurt so much, would you have paid for your package? Hmmm, most people probably would have reconsidered but for the brave few that follow through with the purchase, good move!

(Here it is) Remember, you go to a fitness trainer with a certain fitness goal in mind. Best case scenario, you hit that goal. Now you feel better than you have ever felt in your life! You have a newly found confidence, you’re able to fit into those jeans ladies. That large or extra large polo style shirt now hugs the guns men. All the sweat and pain your trainer put you through has finally paid off. All the time and money invested in your health has returned a better you after all. Although BEING TRAINED SUCKS, it is totally worth it.

I have been trained a total of two times by a trainer in my 12 years of fitness industry experience. Once time was by a woman who kicked by butt. It felt like she really did a day later when my glutes and quads refused to let me walk normally. I did learn some new exercises from that experience. In 2009 Rafiel, a male personal trainer challenged me with a circuit routine using body weight and free weights (heavy). Oh, he gave me an exercise experience that I would never forget. I couldn't make it through the workout. Although both training sessions sucked, I did learn that working out is not only about hitting the steel.

My advice to you is, invest in your health, go through the pain and sweat, and most of all; stick to the program.

As always, thank you for your time and for putting your health first.




No comments: