Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Do What Works for YOU.

Year after year we are lured in by the latest fitness craze. Year after year we try different fads to reach our fitness goals. Have you reached that goal yet? Maybe it's time to take a step back and see what feels natural for you that actually helped you reach your fitness goal before.
I know there have been times in which you have met your fitness goal and all of a sudden that goal went up the creek without a paddle. What happened?! Low carbs didn't work because you kept getting sick. High protein didn't work because you could fuel a car with your urine from the massive nitrogen build up. Vegan or vegetarian diet didn't work because you lost way too much weight or you gained massive amounts of weight. Hmm. It's time to take a step back and reflect on you. 2017 is just five days away. It is a must you GET TO KNOW YOU! What do you naturally like to do to exercise; something that comes naturally like walking, playing a sport, bike riding, playing outside games with the kid(s)? Do you like to hit the gym? Do you like group fitness or one-on-one training? You have to do what works for you to get to the goal you expect.

If that means you go to the gym just to walk on the treadmill, so be it! If that helps you reach your goal, have a blast. You may not be any good at it but if you like to play basketball and get swatted on every shot attempt, have a blast! At least you are working up a sweat. At least you are burning calories and increasing your cardio endurance. At least you are having -a good -time.

A little about me, I love to kick box. It works my entire body and I don't think about reps. Mental sharpness, endurance, stamina, and strength are all exercised while kickboxing. It works the same way when I train my clients in kickboxing fitness. They have a blast! There have been numerous times I have heard "we're finished already?" I love to hear that. It tells me you are having fun and getting fit. Sorry but don't approach me with cardio kickboxing lol! I'm a professional kickboxing trainer. I don't choreograph dance moves along with kicks and punches. No sir. Not me, but if you like that sort of fitness, have a blast!

In this coming new year, 2017, do what works for you and what comes naturally to help you reach your fitness goals. Don't stress over the gym if that is not to your liking. Don't stress over the latest fitness fad. Get to know your body. Know what makes it gain muscle, lose weight, get stronger, or just feel better.

As always, thank you for your time and for putting your health first. Have a happy new year!

No comments: